Friday, July 25, 2008

never sleep on your good ear...or so I hear

Worship on Sunday should be interesting - that is unless Aron gets his hearing back. My poor husband is temporarily deaf in his left ear (a bad case of swimmers ear from vacationing poolside).

He's complained all week that he can't hear out of his left ear. I thought he was exaggerating. So last night I decided to test it out. (this was really evil, but so funny). I got right up in his left ear and whispered quite brash, outlandish statements that would have made me blush had Aron actually heard them. I knew if he could hear them, he'd burst out laughing...or scold me. But instead he just sat there....staring. He had no clue!

To top it off, Aron slept on his good ear last night, so the alarm clock (which sounds more like a seriously loud, annoying FOG HORN on the front of a cruise liner right in the middle of our bedroom) screeched for 45 minutes before he awoke. And I quote, "When I woke up I heard this quiet pulsing noise...then I lifted my head off the pillow and realized it was the alarm. I slept on my good ear so I couldn't hear the alarm clock, and I woke up 15 minutes after I was supposed to leave. Ahhh, I was so mad. (pause) Man, how do deaf people wake up in the morning?"



I don't know babe, I don't know, but you sure are cute to watch trying to figure that out!

ejk

No comments: