Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Aron's cousin Chanda & his Aunt Martha Kay opened a cafe on the Ohio River. Such a delightful little restaurant filled with charm, delicious home cookin', & Grandma Kirk's sewing masterpieces. One of the highlights of our trip was a leisurely Thursday afternoon lunch followed by a stroll along the river.
Josh & Kim have frequented RiverBreeze Corner Cafe a few times since its opening, but each time Chanda's famous peanut butter pie has been sold out. We are told by Kara & Brian that this pie is better than Fireside's.
So in perfect Kirk fashion, we ordered dessert first so as to ensure we got our peanut butter pie. And every last crumb lived up to the 'hype'. Next time family visits Michigan and asks if we need anything from home...now we know what to say!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Here is a little shot of him today on my lap as I worked on the computer. He's learned to shake his head no...he does it for a few seconds on here, but you have to watch to see it. Usually he does it in a really exaggerated way.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
- How a 3-year-old can create 'art' that happens to make a huge mess while both parents are in the room but remain completely oblivious is a mystery to me.
- Molasses Cookies - the whole package - didn't make it 24 hours in our house. Gone, baby.
- God's love is relentless, gracious, & sufficient. It traverses the caverns of the heart of man searching out recesses yet to be filled with its quenching Living Water. This I am learning. (erica)
- Judah cut his second bottom tooth today. Finally the drooling has slowed down.
- We didn't know what to do with ourselves this rainy Saturday, so we decided to go to Kensington's Saturday evening worship. We are so glad we did. Being in ministry, its very rare to be able to sit back & totally be ministered to with no pressure, no responsibility. Such a nourishing evening for us all. BONUS: We saw Jeff and Andrea Kmeic there and sat with them during the service! The Kmeic's attend Kensington but are in our small group at MCC.
- Did you know today is march 13... That means in 17 days, 1 hour it will be April 1st. Can you guess what that means? It starts with an "Er" & ends with a "ma's". Sweet, creamy custard... we are waiting for you to greet us with your weekly feature flavors again.
- "Who are you calling a Cootie Queen you Lent Licker?" yeah, we say that about 100 times a day at our house... it's a random inside joke we'll throw in about any conversation. What? You haven't seen that 'Orbit' gum commercial? "What the French, Toast?" You need to. Its hilarious. YouTube it.
- 3 years olds will inevitably pick the worst time to say above cootie queen remark. Like to the dermatologist. [Mental note: must begin to speak more preschool appropriate. Save inside jokes for "grown-up time"]
- new "Awakening" worship album from Passion is definitely worth your investment. Fav song right now is Chris Tomlin's "Our God". Also enjoying "Rise & Sing" by Fee; "Like a Lion" and "How He Loves" by David Crowder Band.
- Belle has been watching the original "Inspector Gadget" cartoons online the past few days. She says it "Inspector Gagic". It's pretty awesome to hear her sing the theme song "do do do do doot Inspector Gagic" and then shout "Go go gagic arms". I think she thinks "gagic" is another word for "magic"!
- lovin' my new white high top Chuck Taylor All-Stars (Aron). They're just now starting to get that broken-in, dingy feel and look. Ah, finally, a shoe that is both timeless and functional.
- Happy Daylight Saving Time! Don't forget to "Spring Forward" before you go to bed. Losing and hour of sleep tonight!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Don't feel emasculated. You are in good company. Just ask Uncle Ben; from the stories I've heard, he proudly wore his fair share of sparkles and dress up clothes donned by his big sister. Or ask Daddy; he's sported freshly painted pink nails more than once for the sake of your sister.
This was the first time, but I'm sure it won't be the last. From now on, we'll just call it "war paint". It will be between you & me, okay?
much love my glistening warrior,
Thursday, March 4, 2010
We are celebrating this milestone, but a piece of my heart sank when I felt the sharp little tooth poking out of Judah's smooth gums. I can't believe my baby is 6 months old, and I cannot believe he already has a tooth! I think Aron's cousin Amber perfectly stated my feelings when she said, " I struggle with having to turn moments into memories." I'm trying to soak in these moments because they oh so quickly evaporate into memories. Thank you, God, for the blessings this March 4th has brought.
And another favorite - artwork made just for him by his girl.
He loved opening his gifts first thing in the morning. I insisted he open them before work because Belle & I had worked all week to pick out a complete birthday outfit for him to wear. Unfortunately, a few of the clothes didn't fit just right, so we had to make a few returns. But he loved the thought:)
Aron worked until noon & then we visited him at the office & picked him up for a birthday lunch!
Belle & Marissa posing at church while we waited for Aron to finish up his work. (Can you tell Isabelle had been playing hard...her hair had completely fallen down from her ballerina bun).
The BEST lunch ever...Olive Garden salad, breadsticks, & grilled shrimp caprese. Oh was it amazing!
The birthday boy slightly embarrassed after being serenaded by the "Buena Vista" crew.
Judah enjoying some pears...YUM!
So enjoyed celebrating a birthday midday! Aron had practice Thursday evening, so we tried to soak in the afternoon together.
Aron, you are one of the best friends, and guitar players that I have ever known. I still think back to the times that we have shared together and I laugh, cry (especially when driving the van for the summit worship team..showing up to churches and aron wearing his 'tobacco festival' shirt), smile, a little of everything.
love you aron, and happy birthday too!!
2nd - Your heart for God and His people is undeniable, un mistakable and beautiful - being called friend by you is TRULY a Blessing!Happy Birthday Aron! We love you!!!!!"
*The Beverly Bunch
19. We love Aron because of his sincere faith, humility and talent. I remember meeting him at his Macomb audition. Melva was on the selection team, and after we gave Aron an enthusiastic ‘thumbs-up’ on musical ability, she said “well, he loves the Lord too”. This was a more important criterion, and she was right.
18. The 'Peanut Butter & Jelly'. If you've ever been to a wedding with Aron, you know what I'm talking about!
The only song that I can sing
Is boil them cabbage down
Possum in a Simmon tree
Raccoon on the ground
Raccoon says you son-of-a-gun
Shake some Simmon's down
Boil them Cabbage down
Turn them hoecakes round
Is boil them cabbage down
Love me some Aron!! :)
4. I love Aron, ( a manly kind of love, like a "cut down trees together" kinda love) because he is a great listener whenever I need help with any problems I have or when ever I have any suggestions with the worship band. He is a great friend to me and a great man of God who I have a great deal of respect for.