Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cleveland Rocks!


Some friends from church and I are heading to Cleveland tomorrow to audition for a christian battle of the bands. There are 18 bands auditioning and only 6 are making it to the competition, which is being held on May 4 at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. We're pretty excited/nervous and we're going to be playing three songs I wrote/recorded (check them out by clicking on the link 'aron's music').

One of the songs is called 'the coming of a dream...' It would definitely be a dream come true to play at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, but we have to make it through tomorrow. Here's a poem I wrote that eventually inspired writing that song:

"What is the purpose of grass?
I don't know, but it's a pleasant path on which to pass.

What is the purpose of trees?
I don't know, but I enjoy their shade by quiet fields and wild streams.

What is the purpose of my being?
I don't know, but my brother loves me.
I make my sister smile.
I am the joy of life to my wife
And I am the world to my child.

They never even told me
But I noticed all these things
As I passed above the grass,
Beyond the shade of trees"

What is the purpose of all of this? I don't know, but Cleveland Rocks!

APK

No comments: