Thursday, April 24, 2008

Simple Wisdom

"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body." Ralph Waldo Emerson


I'm trying to learn from my 19 month old daughter. How to delight in every moment. To wonder at each bird perched in the tree or leaf dancing on the grass. To know that I am loved, and that is enough.
So - take it from Belle....
You are loved - extravagantly, with a passion.
You are delighted in.
Your father will always take care of you.
You are never alone.
No matter what chaos or worries storm your world,
Take joy in this.
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

So cute that Belle is!!!

Kimberly Kirk said...

Reminds me of our conversation yesterday. I spend time 6 hours a day, 5 days a week with children at my job, and I still have not learned this. I guess I am too busy rushing them along. I need to dive into their world, instead of bring them into mine. Thanks for sharing this Erica.