Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a small wonder right in the middle our living room

I just witnessed the most precious thing.

As I was doing dishes the kitchen, Belle is watching a "kid-worship" DVD. I could hear her little sweet voice singing along, which is adorable in itself.

I happened to look up during "God of Wonders", and I see my two year old with arms extended straight up in the air singing every word of this song: "God of wonders beyond our galaxy, you are holy, holy. The universe declares your majesty, you are holy, holy."

I couldn't help but weep. From the lips of children and infants HE has ordained praise - or as the Message paraphrases it:

Nursing infants gurgle choruses about you; toddlers shout the songs that drown out enemy talk, and silence atheist babble. Psalm 8:2 (The Message)

Beautiful.
ejk

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That's so cute!!! I almost started crying

beckyjomama said...

Tooo sweet!!!