Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Perfect Little Package

I love hearing Aron's stories about his adventures with the kids when its just the three of them. Last night I was away for a few hours at a very lovely Christmas banquet, and this is what transpired while I was gone:

Aron took the opportunity with me out of the house to wrap up the ornament he made for me this year. When it was complete, with wide eyes Belle asked if she could place it under the tree. He recounted that she caressed the gift and slowly approached the tree with all the pomp and circumstance that a royal crowning might deserve, and kneeled to place the first gift under the tree.

Turning, and with a gleam in her eyes, she asked Aron, "Daddy, will you wrap me up for Christmas?"
Once she was packaged, Belle excitedly exclaimed, "Now you have to put me under the tree, daddy!"

Most every Friday I work, I come home to a camera full of pictures telling the story of their day.

Thanking God for the blessing of a man who delights in his children,
ejk

1 comment:

Kelly said...

How cute. Glad you have the pictures to remind her of this someone. Great daddy memories.