Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Resourceful

So went spent the majority of last night in the Emergency Room at Beaumont. Belle had sudden symptoms of a severe UTI with a high fever, so we took her to Urgent Care about 8:30 Tuesday night. The urgent care doc worried the infection might be in her kidneys and decided she needed to be treated at a higher level care facility with possible inpatient admission.

So, needless to say, when we returned home at 3:00 am Wednesday morning, we all were depleted. I let my sick one sleep in until about 11:30, and decided we would just skip nap time today so she would be able to go to bed at a decent time tonight.

By 3:00 this afternoon, she was begging for a nap, but I was doing my best to keep her awake. Finally, while I was distracted cutting veggies for our veggie soup (which was soooo good, by the way), she took matters into her own hands. I heard her door shut, but continued chopping thinking that if she was quietly distracted, I could get supper finished.

About 15 minutes later, I realized it had been quiet too long & went to discover why. This is what I saw:
She's not yet strong enough to crawl into her crib, so she placed her favorite 'sos' blanket into her baby doll's crib and climbed in to take a nap. If mommy wasn't going to help a sick girl out, that girl just has to take care of herself the best she can! I let her sleep till Aron got home & here she is climbing out of bed after a satisfying siesta.
ejk





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to hear about your ER trip. We've been there and it sucks! Glad to hear that Belle's health is improving.

beckyjomama said...

How sweet is that! Poor Belle - still can't believe how fast it hit her! Just happy that she is getting better now.

Amber said...

That is so sweet.

Kim Mierau said...

Dave and I laughed really hard at this. :) We miss you guys.