Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A few 'Bellisms"

I walked out of the room briefly and left my too lovely children together on the couch. I returned only minutes later to find them both covered in stickers from head to toe. I asked Belle, "Honey, What's going on? Why did you put stickers all over you & brother?"


Full of innocence and sweet as honey pie, she looked up at me and replied, "Mom, I decorated him for halloween."
Later in the day she informed me that she didn't want to go to dance class today. I inquired as to why because she loves everything dance. "I just want to sit and sip my coffee," she replied. 

Yesterday I told her, "Belle, I love you so much." 
Most days she will say, "I love you too, momma."
Not this time. This time she was strangely silent. So I asked, "Do you love me, baby?"
Again, full of innocence she replied, "No, I just love my dad. He's the best. I love him sooooo much, more than the whole world."
I'm so glad she thinks the world of her daddy. And I'm still the one she wants when she's hurt or sad...so we're both content with our place in her little world.
ejk

2 comments:

grandma Jackie said...

I looooove the outfits isabelle. you take such good care of Judah!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love how their little minds work...sponges taking in everything and processing it all with such innocence. Especially love her sippin coffee comment. What a grown-up little 3 year old!