Thursday, October 8, 2009

This week's top 10

This week has been quite emotionally and physically draining, so I want to focus on the good things God has sent our way. Here's the top 10 list in no particular order:

10. Tuesday night's homemade Chinese dinner with the Dexters...oh yeah, it was de-li-cious!

9. Newspring's 2nd sermon in the "End of the World" series. It kicked my butt in a '5 mile run, feeling the burn' kinda way. Just what I needed to hear.

8. A husband who loves me enough to listen and love me through life's downs...but also loves me enough to call me out when my thinking/attitudes are unhealthy or just flat out wrong. 

7. The Beth Moore 'Inheritance' Bible study I get to be a part of at church, and the beautiful ladies I get to grow alongside.

6. That God-Sent young man (I don't even know his name) who helped me out to the car at the grocery. Turns out Chicco car seats take won't snap on to the top of the cart and take up the entire basket of those Kroger carts with the 'Cars' attached for the kids to ride in. Needless to say, I looked pretty pathetic trying to push a cart with the baby & Belle and a cart full of groceries out the door.

5. Judah has totally 'come alive' this week cooing and smiling all the time. His little personality is beaming through, and being his mommy is such a joy.

4. Belle had 2 miraculously obedient nights at bedtime in which she got herself ready and climbed into bed without any prompting from us. 

3. A 2nd batch of pumpkin cookies...ummm. Sinful and heavenly in the same bite!

2. Aron taking Belle on a date night to see 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs'. We hope to continue this well into her teen years. Her daddy is the guardian of her heart, after all...until he hands her over to the man she will marry.  

1. While they saw the movie, Judah & I hung out at Target. This particular Target has a Starbucks. So while Judah enjoyed his latte de mama...I sipped a pumpkin spice latte. 

0. (I thought of one more...so I'm going to throw the ole zero in there) Did I mention my husband?!  His heart, his passion, his integrity...dedication, loyalty....I could go on but some of you may grow squeamish! And the fact that he is charming & dashingly handsome, well that's pure icing on the cake.
ejk

3 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I love your heart! Call me tomorrow when you can! LOVE you!

grandma Jackie said...

sounds like a wonderful week!!I have to agree you have a pretty special guy!:),and he has a pretty special girl too!

Kelli said...

We are happy to make the top 10. We'll have to do it again soon.