Sunday, February 14, 2010

Momma, is it Valentine's Day yet?

Every day for a solid 2 weeks Belle has asked this question. I'm not sure what about the holiday has so encaptured her heart, but she has anticipated this day with great excitement. Finally, at 10 am the doorbell rang. I suggested Belle & Chloe answer it. At the sight of her Main Man with an armful of roses and gifts for his girls, Belle let out a shrill of delight. A rose for Miss Belle, a rose for Miss Chloe, a rose for Grandma Jean, and a bunch for momma. And don't forget the CHOC-O-LATE, as Belle says it!!!!
Bubbling with excitement Belle gushed, "HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, Daddy! Grandma, It's VALENTINES DAY! Happy Valentines Day to You, Chloe!" She proceeded to wish each and every one of us a Happy Valentines Day.

I tend to down play this holiday since the babies were born - I think its the frugalista in me. I don't want Aron spending money on me...I know his love & devotion all through the year. But I think my girl is on to something. So much excitement over a day to celebrate the LOVE in your life. And each of us are so blessed to be surrounded by more love than we realize.

So with much LOVE, we wish you
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
ejk

2 comments:

Linda said...

That is so sweet! Happy Valentines to you too!

grandma jackie said...

Happy Valentines to all of you too,all I can say is Miss Belle has a way of teaching us all a little something.from the mouths of babes.Unless you become like little children.....