Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Seeing through ROSE colored lenses

I am thoroughly enjoying my 3 year old's fresh perspective on this world.

I think you will too; enjoy life through the eyes of Isabelle Rose:

May 4th
9:25 am
MountyCar

Belle: "Mommy, my nose is running! I need a tissue!"
ejk: "Here you go, baby."
(She wipes her nose...)
"Look at the tissue & tell mommy what color your snot is. Is it clear, yellow, green?"
(Hey, you don't have to have a nursing degree to know there are a lot of things one can know from the color of their kids' snot)
Belle: "Umm, I think it looks kind of sparkly."
ejk: "So its clear?"
Belle: "No, it looks...it looks...its the color of a Forsifia (forsythia) bush."
ejk: "Oh! So its bright yellow? Let me see your tissue, honey.
Observing...
"Well, your snot must be clear because I don't see anything on the tissue."
Belle: "Well mommy, just because you cannot see the snot doesn't mean that its not there. Snot is like Jesus. You can't see him, but he's really there."

May 4th
7:30 pm
Family Christian Bookstore

Belle & I are together looking through the card department. As she browsed, she periodically picked up a card & tucked it under her arm. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "These are just for you, mommy. I picked out all the ones with your name on it. See, 'M-O-M'."

That is Mother's Day enough for me!
ejk

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love that!So very sweet