Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The magic of a moment

This morning blossomed into a most beautiful moment.
Yesterday a promised tea party never materialized, and oh the guilt that hung over my head that I didn't make time for the most important things.

I awakened Belle and requested her presence at a royal tea party.
"Why sure, darling," in the most adorable British morning voice I have ever heard.
We opened the Bible and read Psalm 146.

1 Praise the LORD
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

2 I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

3 Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,

6 the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free,

8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.

9 The LORD watches over the alien
and sustains the fatherless and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

10 The LORD reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.
Praise the LORD.

We reached for the sky and felt the dirt and sat in wonder of all that he has made.

I asked Belle if she'd like me to read her a story from the Bible.
"Yes. One about a princess and a prince and they get married."

Oh, my heart yearned to impart on her in one moment the beauty of this King in love with His bride, the Church.
The unfolding of this story over all of human history.
A silent prayer pleading one day she will understand.

My mind flipped through Bible stories Kings, Queens, married.
I landed on Ruth & Boaz.
And so the scene was set & the characters unfold.

Big green eyes twinkled at the sound of 'famine in the land' and 'traveling to a far away country'.
The poor girl daily gathering left overs at the wealthy, good man's estate - she giggled with anticipation.

I thought my heart would burst as I explained what Boaz did for Ruth.
The Kinsmen Redeemer, a shadow of our Bridegroom's own purchase of us, church.

"And did you know, Boaz is the father of Obed...who is the Grandfather of David, the greatest king in all of the Bible. Well, besides Jesus, who is The King of Kings."

"That's how the story ends, mommy? That's silly!"

Oh, the beauty and romance, mystery and magic all around us.
I need to halt my never ending to do list to make time for the most important things more often.
Like, every day.

ejk

1 comment:

beckyjomama said...

You are such a good mama. That is a beautiful moment. Thank you so much for sharing. Love it!