Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kirk Haven's 3 year Anniversary

Three years ago today.
Take a moment and reminisce with us... The invitation

front (above) and back (below)
The RSVP postcard (both the invites & rsvp were our diy project with help from our friend Jeremiah & the IWU printshop!)"Kiss me full on the mouth! For your love is better than wine..." Song of Solomon 1:2
If you were there...do you remember the aviators? Aron, the pastor (Tom), all the groomsmen, and even our ring bearer nephews oh so cool placed aviator sunglasses on just after we were introduced as Husband and Wife.
The ride up Rankin Hill in the Tobacco Festival Wagons


This was our "Family Favorites" table. As part of our wedding gifts to all of our loved ones, we wanted to share a piece of our heritage. So we had Grandma Howard's peanut bars, Grandma Kirk's blackberry jam cake, Grandma Hyatt's rice crispy Treats, Uncle Dale's Chocolate Chip Cookies, and (this is terrible) but I can't remember what we had to represent my Grandma Gardner, but I know my Aunt Vonda baked something delicious to share with everyone in her name! Also, Aron's sister Alyssa made candles (see below) that we called "Wedding Home Brew" for all of our guests to take home.

So many of our friends and family helped out with an enormous barbecue of steak & chicken!







The LORD painted the sky with splendor that night. We had been praying that above all things:
"In celebrating the story of our love today, it is our highest prayer that each of you fully grasp the beauty of the larger story this marriage represents. As God has done throughout history, he took us - two broken, desperate, and hopeless souls - and restored us, through the sacrifice of His son, to the man and woman He created us to be. His pursuit of each of us, His passionate love for us, is indeed the greatest love story ever known to man."(from our program)








Aron, I could not have known the depth of my promise that day...nor could I have anticipated the depth of the bond that would follow. Before my very eyes you are daily transforming and growing into a man after the heart of God, and there is no greater gift you could give me. Your integrity inspires me, your passion ignites me (keep it clean, people), your compassion humbles me, your wisdom captivates me. You are indeed my man - strong and wise, yet tender and loving. You daily call me on an adventure as we journey this life. Today I honor you. Thank you for being the husband of my dreams.

I close by remembering our vows:

Aron: As head of our household, as a child of God, as your husband, I promise to place Christ at the center of my being, pursuing Him first in all I do - for only then can I offer you a love that is pure.
Erica: As your partner, as a child of God, and as your wife I promise to place Christ at the center of my being, pursuing Him first in all I do - for only then am I be truly complete. I entrust all that I am to you, offering you my every vulnerability and weakness.
Aron: And so I offer you my strength. As God is our fortress and hiding place, so I will be to you a safe haven.
Erica: As God so perfectly and gently cares for our every need, so I will nurture you in every aspect of life.
Aron: I promise to fight for you every day of my life; whether physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Continually in prayer, I will battle for you whatever the cost.
Erica: I promise to encourage and support you in the journey God has called you to endure. Continually in prayer, I will hold you up as I encourage to live out the passions God has placed in your heart.
Aron: I promise to live my life as a man of integrity. I will commit to purity of mind, heart, and intentions. I will call out the beauty of who you are in every dimension of life and forever help you see the loveliness I see in you.
Erica: I promise to live as a woman of character, one that you may rise and call blessed. I will respect you in my every thought, action, and word as I call out your strengths and help you in your weaknesses so you will see the man I know you were created to be. And when you fall short...

Aron: And when you stumble...

Together: I WILL OFFER YOU GRACE

Aron: Through the perfect love of Christ that creates beauty from brokenness.

Erica: And makes all things new.

Aron: With my every breath...

Erica: With every fiber of my being.

Together: THIS IS MY SACRED VOW!

ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are a great couple - and we love ya!

A couple notes -
Your invitations ... WOW!!! Good job! Beautiful!

BBQ - in a wedding dress? You are a brave woman. Of course I braved mexican food - chips and salsa!!! Good thing I never had time to eat!

The Sky - Go GOD!!

The Pictures - amazing!

The vows - made me cry!

You - LOVE!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOX
Becky jo

Kelli said...

WOW! Thanks for sharing that part of you with us.

Happy Anniversary!!