Saturday, August 9, 2008

Peace, peace

Check this out:

"I will not accuse forever, nor will I always be angry,
For then the spirit of man would grow faint before me -
The breath of man that I have created.

I was enraged by his sinful greed; I punished him,
and hid my face in anger, yet he kept on in his
willful ways.

I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will guide him and restore and comfort him,
creating praise on the lips of mourners in Isreal.
Peace, peace to those far and near, " says the Lord.
"And I will heal them".
Isaiah 58:16-21

This passage just floored me this morning. What a vibrant portrait of the heart of our God.
God is not content to leave us in our messes created by our very own selfish greed and willful defiance.

He offers healing, guidance, restoration, comfort. Not because we deserve it, we simply do not.
But because He is good, and he embodies love.

So today...whether its a wound, a relationship, a situation, a perpetual sin
Allow God to say, "Peace, peace." over you. Remember what happened when Jesus spoke peace over the wind and the waves?
ejk

No comments: