Thursday, August 14, 2008

You have it all figured out when its someone else's kid...at least I did!

Three years ago when KirkHaven was newly established, I knew exactly how I would parent my children. Had to laugh at myself yesterday, cause boy did I have a lot to learn! For example:

1. Never ever thought I'd allow my toddler daughter to "share" a diet coke with me. But hey, we're at a restaraunt, there is NO hiding that bubbly glass of goodness. And her crescendoing "NEESE (drink, please in belle lingo), COKE, NEEEESE, COOOOKE!" Draws attention quickly!

You can imagine the damage the caffeine does to a twenty pound body. Which leads me to #2.

2. Never thought I'd let my hyper daughter pick all the sugar-raisins out of our Raisin Bran cereal at 1:15 in the morning - straight from the box. Yeah-classy, I know! But by that time, I'm exhausted, she's still going strong, and its all my fault (Well, kinda. I ordered water...it was Aron's diet coke!!)

ejk

No comments: