Sunday, August 31, 2008

Updates on the domestic front

With six days in a row at home (between Aron & I), we decided this weekend was it. Weeks filled with Belle ripping her diaper off at every opportunity prompted us to start potty training a bit earlier than intended.

We are happy to report she is doing absolutely wonderful!!! She loves to go like a big girl on the potty .... yes, #1 and #2. She's even started going on the potty without us prompting her, which creates a problem if I'm not paying close attention. After sneaking off and doing her business, she then attempts to empty the potty, which as you can imagine, creates quite a mess.

Another proud parenting moment: our little sponge seems to be soaking up some good manners, which is oh so cute. Tonight Aron sneezed, and our not yet 2 year old sweetly sang, "Bless you, daddy, bless you, daddy." And while sitting on the potty, "Oops! Toot! Es-cuse me."

However, we have a ways to go in the sharing department. I was in the nursery this morning and observed my gentle Love yell, "NOOOO!" to any baby who came close to playing with her toy. Then a sweet little one year old bobbled up to me and placed her hand on my leg; Belle looked sternly at her & said, "No, no. This my mommy." Yeah...we're still working on the sharing.

Back to work on Monday. Still chipping away at the student loans. Tomorrow Aron & Belle are at home by themselves for the holiday so he's going to try to get his recording equipment to work on his work laptop. I sure hope so. I'm dying for him to start recording his acoustic folk stuff. And he's got 2 new worship songs that are really good. So we'll cross our fingers (and say a little prayer too!).

Peace, peace.

ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Got my potty chair all ready for her!!!

Kelli said...

Wow! Go Belle!! And get ready, Kyle Knepper! (Still love that 31 cent scoop comment from Barby)

As for the sharing- pretty normal stuff. I'm going to need to take a break from teaching the two year old class once Max moves up- he's not willing to share his Mommy either.