Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hold On, He Comes

So a lot of people are sick of the artic weather lately. It's been so cold so long you start to forget what warm sunshine feels like. A lot of people are like that spiritually. They've gone so long without Jesus that they forget what Hope, Peace, and Joy feel like. Some people have never known a warm, sunny day in their souls. The prolonged cold got me thinking about all this, and it reminded me of a song I wrote awhile back called "Hold On, He Comes":

What if God was the sun? What if hope was the rain?
And we drank of that hope, as we lived in those rays.
If only sin were a man I could stand against
Then I could walk by the light of day.

What if God was our joy? What if hope was our strength?
And we danced in that joy, as we hoped he would save
If only we could rejoice in God in every way
Then we could walk by the light of day

Hold on, he comes! Hold on.
Hold on to the one by whom we have been saved.

Jesus Christ is the Son. In our hearts he will reign.
As we drink of his cup and we live in his ways
Our sin was crushed by this man as he rose again
So we can walk by the light of day.

Hold on, he comes! Hold on.
Hold on to the one by whom we have been saved.

Jesus Christ is our joy. Our hope in him is our strength.
And we dance in that joy as we hope he will save.
And Lord I will rejoice in you in every way
So I can walk by the light of day

Hold on, he comes! Hold on.
Hold on to the one by whom we have been saved

Jesus Christ is the son. In our hearts he will reign
As we walk by the light of day

If you're going through prolonged winter in your soul right now, put your hope in God. "No one who hopes in him will ever be put to shame" (Psalm 25:3). Hold on, he comes.
APK

2 comments:

Woollard House said...

I love this. It is so relevant to what God is teaching me right now. I have been in the desert spiritually for a while and needed his rain. And He is so very faithful. He has been raining down on my soul such joy and peace. And gently nudging me with the thought. LIVE. EMBRACE. THIS IS YOUR LIFE. ARE YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BE? I love you. Thanks for the spiritual shot in the arm this morning. I might have to take part of this song and print out to place in my house somewhere to encourage and remind me. You are so gifted at songwriting. aw

Unknown said...

I especially loved those first four lines. Cool way to look at it and warms me on the inside regardless of the frigid cold outdoors. Next time I am walking outside, instead of complaining to myself how cold it is- I am going to visualize Him as the sun and me soaking in His rays.

Would love to hear this song sometime. Thanks for sharing.