Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our little Artiste

Belle absolutely floored us with her drawing ability yesterday.  I was cleaning and trying to keep her busy, so I gave her a pen and paper to help entertain her. A few minutes later she came running up to show me her creation: (you can click on the picture and it will open up full size to get the optimal effect of the graphic detail...)
I mean, they may only be stick people, but we're talking about a 2 1/2 year old here, friends. I could be naive, but I thought a two year old is doing awesome to hold a crayon the correct way and scribble in circles. This girl is already attempting to master size proportion and and bodily shapes. Besides, a few weeks ago she couldn't even draw a circle. 

She loves to watch a show called "Harold and the Purple Crayon" (if you have preschoolers, we highly recommend it...watch it free @ www.hulu.com & search the Title), and her favorite episode is Harold the Artiste. After seeing this Harold, she is constantly drawing and asking to paint. Our little Lefty may be a right brained artist after all. We shall see...
a proud chubby stick person,
ejk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable. that is great for her age. it's amazing what these little ones are capable of when encouraged.

ps..i commented on your comment (on my blog). thanks. i'm so feeling ya sis.

grandma Jackie said...

maybe a little papa kirk coming out in her. very good job Isabelle XOXOXO

Kelly said...

Not surprising to me that not yet another Kirk has incredible talent. Just wondering what baby boy Kirk's talent will be......