Tuesday, July 21, 2009

what's been a going on...

Aron's still training for the sprint triathlon in a little over a week, so we headed out to Stoney Creek so he could get a swimming workout in. That's his little head in the bottom left swimming laps (he says that's him drowning in the bottom left...he drank quite a bit of lake water today).As always, Belle couldn't wait to get to the beach. She loves playing in the sand. But she sure does get lonely playing by herself.

She was pumped when daddy was finally done with his workout, so he could take her out in the water.
Saturday night we visited the one and only Erma's Custard shop as a treat after working hard around the house ALL DAY. It turns out Aron LOVES Bavarian Cheesecake Custard...after 2 cones, he jumped in line for a 3rd..."Its the triple threat, Hun." I talked him down from the 3rd cone only by promising we'd return again Sunday before the flavor changed on Monday. So we did.
Then Monday night we wanted to get out of the house, so we headed over to watch the guys in our small group play softball in the local league. We were too late for the game. Turns out the Kneppers were too. So we decided Erma's custard would be the perfect solution. The Abbots joined us, but before we left a skeptical Rocky wanted to know if it could possibly be better than Maggie Moo's...puh-lease!
Even the kids know Erma's is the best frozen treat one could imagine.

Even with 3 nights of frozen custard I was disappointed to discover I'd lost about a pound this week. I was really shook up and worried after getting off the scale at my appointment today. When the midwife came in and asked how I was doing, I could feel myself start to choke up. Rather than risk awkwardness, I just warned her, "Well I'm feeling like I might cry because I lost weight this week and I'm afraid the baby isn't growing." 

From the corner of the room little Belle speaks up, "It's okay, Mommy. Don't cry. I will hold your hand so you are not afraid." So sweet, my little nurturer.

The midwife was actually quite happy with my progress as my tummy was measuring 2-3 cm bigger than last week (I was at 33 1/2 cm...@ 35 weeks...well within normal limits).
She wants me to try to eat 100 g of protein a day (enough to feed a football player, i'm sure), dairy, & iron...and she specifically suggested milkshakes. Problem is, the ice cream has been giving me tummy aches. So I guess I'll stick with the meat.

That's all for tonight, though quite enough as you've gotten an earful already.
much love,
ejk

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the beach photos of Belle...I think many of us have been enjoying Erma's over the past week...we were just there too! (taking photos as well) :)

That's great news about baby/tummy measuring at 33 weeks! Yeah! My scale says I lost about 5 pounds over the past 1-2 weeks? I think that it is fairly normal at this point in pregnancy to lose a little(I lost a pound or two at this point with Brooke too). You're in the homestretch! I'll keep praying for you and baby boy. (and for your ability to eat all that meat...that would be tough for me!)

Kelli said...

Love the beach pictures. If the weather cooperates we are headed up to Stoney tonight for a work out and maybe Erma's on the way home.

We are still praying for you, baby boy, Aron & Belle.

beckyjomama said...

Sweet pictures of Miss Belle beachin it up! LOVE it! I missed her this week :(

As for Baby Boy - you are doin everything in your power to take care of the little man and he will be just fine! The problem is you did not have Mr. Steve's BBQ for dinner the night before! :)

grandma Jackie said...

love the pics and the update. .i know its hard to keep up with,but I love knowing what you guys are up to and seeing you doing it. love all the pics. hang in there Erica ,you dont have much longer. everything is ok cause Gods in control and taking care of everything. love and kisses