Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bella (the movie, not our daughter)


So we watched the movie "Bella" last night. It's about a woman who is pregnant out of wedlock an trying to decide whether to abort the baby or not. It is very well done and is quite the tearjeaker. Don't watch it if you don't feel like crying. This is Aron writing by the way. You know, the man of the house (unusually muscular, eats nails for breakfast). Like I said, it's a tearjerker. I guess it didn't help that a little girl dies in the movie and she happens to look like my daughter and the movie's title is very much like my daughter's name. Yeah, probably all that and some dust got in my eyes. Yeah, that was it.

Anyway, it's a great movie. I think the main male character is a great portrayal of how to love someone who is in desperate circumstances. I know it definitely challenged me to love broken people with God's unconditional love. And we're all broken in some way. I guess that's the beauty of this movie, the male character loves unconditionally even while in the midst of his own brokenness. God doesn't call us to be perfect before we love others with His love. In fact, quite the oppostie. We love others best in the midst of our brokenness and weakness. Watch the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about. Check it out.
APK

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I love reading your blog! You both have really good insight and application to everyday events and, you are both humorous and, you have an adorable little girl. Even if Erica is a blog hog.