Thursday, May 8, 2008

Shout out!

For those of you who don't know, I'm preparing to go back to work next week - reluctantly. Aron & I have been listening to Dave Ramsey (author of The Total Money Makeover) on the radio & he has inspired us to take on a huge feat: paying of our student loans - quickly & with intensity.

That being the case, I'm going to be working 3 twelve hr shifts a week until they are vanquished! We've got a goal to do this in less than a year, so we can get on with debt free living! As exciting as this is, its extremely difficult for me to leave my baby. (look at that face...)

So here's where the shout out comes in: two women got together & decided they would watch our daughter & do it out of the goodness of their heart - then came to us with the offer. We didn't even have to ask! What an answer to prayer! God knows it kills me to leave her, but he's provided his very capable & loving daughters to help us out in this season!

Thank you BeckyJo!
Thank you Bernadette!
Also, 2 other women volunteered to be back up's for us:
Thank you Mary!
Thank you Barby!

This means more to us than you'll ever know! Thank you so much!
Oh, & one last shout out:

Thank you, God, for meeting our every need, and thank you for your beautiful daughters who have shown us your love in this way!
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Hey! Lookie there - my name in two consecutive Kirk Haven posts!!!

I am not worthy.

You are so sweet Erica - I love ya!
B

Anonymous said...

Guys, that is AWESOME!!!

Speaking of Dave Ramsey, we are HUGE fans of his, and we've been working his baby steps for just over a year now. And as of about 5 minutes ago, we are DEBT FREE!!! (Thank you tax rebate check!)

We paid off about $30,000 in one year working his plan. It just plain works.

I'm so excited for you guys! Keep us updated.