Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo!


So yesterday was Cinco de Mayo (May 5th in Espanol). It's Mexico's version of the Fourth of July/Independence day. Nine years ago yesterday I asked Erica to be my girlfriend and she said yes!

So, we had to celebrate: we got a babysitter for Belle, ate at Don Pablo's, and saw the new superhero flick Iron Man. I'm starting to like this 'date night' thing. We're going to do it at least once a month.

Here's what we don't celebrate: nine years ago this past March I asked Erica to be my girlfriend and she politely turned me down. But, hey, if she'd said yes then, we wouldn't have a cool anniversary like Cinco de Mayo! Hooray for Mexico! (I don't know what that means)

1 comment:

Amber said...

You've been posting on mine and I had no idea you guys had a blog! Isabelle is so beautiful, but look at her gene pool. I never in my life thought she looked like a Kirk until I saw that picture up top!