Tuesday, May 13, 2008

lousy t-shirt, quality book


I just finished a book called, "I Became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt... replacing souvenir religion with authentic spiritual passion." I was skeptical at first because I'm more of a fan of the "heavy" Christian reading (i.e. Tozer; C.S. Lewis; Wesley; etc.). Given the title, I was expecting, "I read this book and all I got was, well, not even a lousy t-shirt."
This book was amazing, though. It expresses truly profound truth in extremely relevant and downright entertaining fashion. I highly recommend it. If you've been looking for something to chew on spiritually, but you can't get into the "heavy" stuff, read this book. Even if you love the "heavy" stuff, read this book. I don't care who you are, read this book. It made me feel like a butterfly in the sky. I can fly twice as high. Take a look, it's in this book. But, hey, you don't have to take my word for it (okay, that's from Reading Rainbow).
APK

1 comment:

katdish said...

I'm also a big fan of the book. Check out Vince's blog at www.vinceantonucci.com, he's got a link to your blog. (That's how I found it!)