Wednesday, June 25, 2008

40 days of Focus


Today I started 40 days of focus. This is just something I made up because I felt compelled to re-focus on God's priorities in my life. 40 days is a pretty common theme in Scripture (i.e. Noah in the ark; Moses on the mountain; Jesus in the wilderness). So for the next 40 days I'm going to be doing the following on a daily basis (except the weekly fasting) :

1. Uninterrupted 10 minute prayer time
2. Fasting every Wednesday
3. Asking God to help me be more loving towards my wife
4. Eating Healthy
5. Exercising 3 times per week for 30 minutes

I'm blogging this to help keep me accountable. I desire to please God in every aspect of my life, and I'm looking forward to how God is going to shape me over the next 40 days. I'm looking forward to losing myself in His love, literally. Anyone who feels so inclined is welcome to join me on my 40 days of focus.
APK

1 comment:

Josh Young said...

Aron, you have no idea what a great time in my life you wrote this. This is literally exactly something I need to do right now, and I'm not saying that lightly. I'm in. And having someone to keep me accountable on here is exactly what I need too. I'm starting today. Let's do it.