Monday, June 2, 2008

How I loathe transitions

I'm trying to embrace seasons of change, weeks outside my comfort zone, but truth be told,
I'm terrible at transitioning through transitions. Someone explain this personality trait to me, please! (I'm an ENFJ with a dichotomous duo set of spiritual gifts: 100% comforter, 100% manager for those of you who understand these things {thank you dr. millard, iwu, & the life calling & leadership department}).
So I started my first day at St. John's Health Network; I'll be traveling to each of their 6 different campuses working on various floors. The benefit: flexibility...I make my schedule. The drawback: no consistency.
All day I longed for my comfort zone at Brown County Hospital (which I really did not like when I first started). After seeing 30 plus docs on the Tele unit today, I seriously ached for my Dr. Kapur (who frustrated me much when I first started at BCGH). When I started BCGH, I longed for the ways of Marion General Hospital. When I began as a Student Nurse at MGH, I just wanted to go back to Clermont Mercy. You see the pattern?
I am terrible with transition. Once I am out of the woods of uncertainity, I am fine. I am trying to see this as exciting. I am praying to live in this moment. I am trying...
ejk

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Erica- I'm praying that you get through this transition stage quickly and feel more comfortable with your work. How did Belle do today? Was she home with Daddy or with BeckyJo or Bernie?

Woollard House said...

We love you so much and are praying for you all. Hang in there Erica Jean. Brown Co. misses you too. But don't forget to mount up on those wings like eagles, run and not grow weary, use that awesome personality of yours and soar. xoxo aw

beckyjomama said...

Hang in there friend, it will be worth it. I think that the variety sounds exciting. Ya never know what the day will hold. If it's a good one, how rewarding! And if it's a bad one, well next time will be something else entirely! It's a win/win!!!

Especially for me, 'cause I get to play with BELLE!!!!!

You can do it girl!
Love ya!