Tuesday, June 10, 2008



I'm heading off today for Arise, the 2008 Willow Creek Arts Conference. I haven't been this excited about Willow since I was 5 years old and obsessed with medieval dwarf socerers and Madmartigan was my hero. I'm sure I'll have some good blog material when I get back. This Arise theme reminds me of a worship song I wrote recently called "Arise, Shine". It's straight out of Isaiah 60 (Awesome passage; check it out). Here are some of the lyrics:


At first light we lift our prayers to you/ At first light your humble love shines through/ At first light you call us to come/ Come to the light of your love/Come to the light, come to the light/Arise, shine, for your glorious light has come/ Arise, shine, Jesus Christ is the Glorious One/ We lift our eyes, what a glorious sight!/ Nations will come to the brightness of your dawn


Someday I'll have a recording for you all to enjoy. Until then, watch Willow and tell me if Madmartigan is not the coolest hero you've ever seen.


APK

2 comments:

Kim Mierau said...

Aron, those are beautiful lyrics. Can't wait to hear a recording. Love, Kim

Anonymous said...

...do you have a man-crush on val kilmer...come on be honest