Monday, June 23, 2008

Big words for such a little girl

Belle is terrified of thunderstorms; infact, every night it storms here in MI, she wakes up shaking & screaming (thank you rainforest cafe)!

Today it started storming while Belle was staying at BeckyJo's for the day, and as always, she was so scared. However, we were quite surprised at what she told BeckyJo about the storm as she peered out the window...and I quote my 21 month old:

"Thunder make flow'rs pretty."

Aron thought BeckyJo may have a creative imagination (lots of love, sister..I believed you!) when he was retelling me the story. "I just don't know how she would have thought that up," he told me "let alone string that many words together to make a coherent sentence!"

But last week the Little Love & I were home alone & a storm rolled in late in the afternoon. Naturally, Isabelle flipped out; so I took her to the window and showed her the flowers (that she helped me plant). I explained, "Mommy likes the thunder because it brings the rain that makes mommy's flowers pretty."
So, I'm half amazed and half terrified because I'm living with a human sponge who not only hears all, but it seems she comprehends more than we know. Yeah...we better be careful what we say ("booyah, baby" is now part of her vocabulary).
lots of love
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I knew when I was saying it that he was not believing me!!!! I could tell by that "you're so pretty" look in his eyes.

But she said it! Really she did!

AND, I knew when she said it that it had to be her mommy talking!!! It is so Erica to look at the thunder that way!!!

Thanks for believing me friend!

Tell your man the "loose cannon" was right on the money!

Kelli said...

And here I was excited that Max says "Diet Coke." Ah well, hopefully Belle will teach him some new stuff.