Thursday, January 14, 2010

distastic!

I decided to resurrect an old homemade bread recipe that I haven't made since we lived in Indiana. Its Aron's favorite - a very fluffy, sweet bread - and I had Panera's Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe that I've been wanting to try.

Isabelle LOVED the process...
but unfortunately
HATED the smell of the yeast.
It gagged her, infact. 
"Mommy, what is that smell? Its DISTASTIC!"
The entire day the scent of rising bread filled the house.
Isabelle kept a towel over her nose, reminding me every few minutes 
of  "that terrible, distastic smell".
She loves rolls, but refused to even try our finished bread bowls.
Apparently one too many gag reflexes in one day (it was pitiful, but I had to laugh as she literally gagged at the smell).
She sure missed out on a yummy way to warm up a January day.
much love 
ejk

4 comments:

momma kirk said...

Looks "FANTASTIC". delicious too!:)I love the smell of rising bread dough.That is very interesting that it bothered her all day.Give her loves for me. Judah too.

beckyjomama said...

OK, you are just gonna have to share the recipes ... cause that looks YUMtastic!

Kelli said...

I am so totally with Belle. I cannot stand the smell of yeast or rising bread. I do like the finished product though. Your warm up meal looks yummy.

Cam and Elisa said...

I would LOVE to try exactly what you cooked! WOw does it look so YUMMY! Poor Belle....