Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Testament in 30 Days

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." - 2 Timothy 1:7

I read this verse a few weeks ago, and sensed God calling me to walk with confidence into the power and self-discipline that we have in following Christ. Then I read a blog by my buddy Josh Young about motivation to start doing the things in life that are most important.

So, starting tomorrow, February 1st, I'm starting a Bible reading program that goes through the new testament in 30 days. It's a pretty intense program, about 30 to 40 minutes of reading a day, but I kind of view it like getting in shape. You work out really hard and intense for a few weeks to get into shape, and then once you are in shape, you can back off and do simpler workouts to simply maintain your fitness level. A few other guys are doing it with me, and anyone else is welcome to join in. Here's the link to the Reading Plan we are using.

APK


No comments: