Monday, September 1, 2008

A melody on the air tonight...

It is 12:36 and we all are awake - still.
I've got to get up in 4 1/2 hrs. I should be asleep hours ago, but I can't pull myself away from two of my favorite things in the world.

My daughter is playing in a make believe world, and I am in awe just listening in to her world. She is speaking of princesses and Doras and babies and The Caulley's dog, Toby. All mixed together in a wonderful world of fantasy. She is sitting a six inch doll on her potty chair at the moment telling her "Just let it out." Beautiful!

My husband is writing a song in the next room, and there is nothing more mystical to me than listening in as the Holy Spirit moves His spirit and they together craft a work of art. Here's a few of the lyrics floating around our home tonight:

There's a melody on the air tonight
And its one last song for the prodigals
And its one last look for the wanderers
And its one last reverie, so let us sing


(For you musicians out there...the music sounds very longing and melodic and almost dreamy...does that make sense?)
There is more...but I won't spoil it for Aron. I feel so unworthy and so blessed that God has allowed me to journey alongside these two amazing beings.
ejk

No comments: