Tuesday, September 16, 2008

embracing this season

I was struck today with the awareness that the coolness in the air isn't the only sign that seasons are changing. Isabelle turns two this week. She is potty trained, and becoming quite the little "mama". I am now raising a toddler. Which may seem quite obvious, but its a new step for us, a new season. I miss the baby, but I am loving watching this little person emerge. Pray for us as we do our best to shape her - to call out her strengths and help her in her weakness. To know when & how to discipline in a way that teaches her. That we can somehow portray the very character of God to her in a way she not only grasps, but falls in love with as we have.
She's quite a hoot these days. Dressing herself and loving life. My little wonderwoman.
ejk

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just love every stage? It can be bittersweet at times, but there is so much delight in watching your children grow...watching their personalities emerge and seeing the world through their simple, honest, observant and innocent little eyes.

With each stage, I keep saying "Oh, I love this age!" ...and then they get older and move on to another stage and I say "Oh, this age is even better!"

You guys are wonderful parents and are raising a beautiful little girl.

Love the last photo...the toddler "getups" are the best! One of these days I will create an entire post to Brooke's morning wardrobe of choice.

Yeah wonderwoman...I'm feeling ya!

Kelli said...

She's such a sweetie- and so blessed to have you guys as parents!

Is Belle having a party? If not Max will bring her present to church on Sunday.

Woollard House said...

OK I am officially crying like a baby here. Not sure exactly why. If it is tears of joy that Belle is so wonderful and growing into such a beautiful piece of God's handiwork, or if I cry from sadness that this phase of our lives is long past and will never be again, or if I just miss you all and seeing Belle act so much bigger breaks my heart because we aren't with you. I honestly am not sure, but none the less here I sit. sobbing. I love you all...Alyssa

Amber said...

Is that panties over the leggings? I should try that one.

I officially don't like you anymore now that you can feel "coolness in the air".

Kelly said...

Welcome to two, Belle and parents! Hope this year brings more of the "get-ups". That is a favorite in our girl dominated household.