Thursday, September 4, 2008

Someone in our house has been very inspired lately, and I'll give you one guess who that my be. The songs have been flowing, and I am loving them!

Seriously, Aron has been churning out about a song a night. Last night's song came to him while he was running. I find that astounding and hilarious, because when I am running all I can think is, "Must have more air...breathe in breathe out...Man my knee hurts...think about something else...man my side hurts.." (It may not be quite that bad, but there is seriously no energy for creative processes, let alone an entire song).

Just a heads up to you in the "know" crowd. This may be classified info, but I'm gonna let it leak. They're going to be playing one of Aron's newest songs at the end of the service Sunday - it fits so perfectly with what's in store for that day! Its so powerful & moving & packed with truth...I can't wait to see how God uses this song he has entrusted to Aron.

I say that with confidence and anticipation because of a conversation that took place a little over a year ago between Aron & his Maker. Aron was feeling discouraged about not having a band to play with or an outlet for all of his ideas. One evening he finally asked God, "What is the point of all this. I write down all of these songs that you give me, and they just sit in a notebook on the shelf. I need other people to make them great. I need others to make them standout."

Then God said to Aron (Aron recounts that this is one of the clearest moments of God's voice in His life...you know when you know that it is God speaking to you and not your head) "Aron, I will use your simple songs."

So...though Aron is soooo humble about his music, I tend to be soooooo proud. I am proud because he has completly surrendered what used to be his highest love & aspiration....music, to the one who made music. And now God is pouring more inspiration and melodies into him than he knows what to do with. And I get to watch from the best seat in the house!!
ejk

5 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks guys for blessing our lives with your music and your lives. I am so glad you stepped out on faith and came up to the great white north. I can't wait to see how God is going to use you three in the future.

Amber said...

Ok, this is super random. I got on here to tell you something that Sage said, and your latest blog is about Aron's music.

The kids are at the table eating and I've got the tv on the channel that plays music...it's just plays songs, no videos. I don't know the name of it. Anyway, out of the blue Sage asks me, "Has Aron sang on this channel?" I was super confused b/c she couldn't be talking about my cousin Aron.

"Aron who?" I asked her. "Aron, your cousin mom."

Aric has Aron's songs on his ipod, but I don't think she's ever heard them. It was really odd.

Just thought I'd let you know that my 6 year old thinks your songs play on tv.

beckyjomama said...

Oh, yeah, the boy can SANG! And write. And play!

And, how Blessed are WE that this is where God has chosen to let him use the gifts that He has bestowed upon Aron?!?!?!

Can't WAIT for Sunday!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOX
Becky Jo

Unknown said...

I ditto Denise's and Becky Jo's comments...and Erica- you should be proud...what a gift!

Unknown said...

We sure were in for a treat on Sunday. Aron, your song was just plain awesome!(and not so "simple" in my book) Very moving- I want it on my ipod!

Your songwriting is definitely a gift...you really could be the next BIG thing....but you'll never leave MCC, right???