Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why we're smitten with Fall - reason #2

It may only be mid-September...and we may be jumping ahead of ourselves here, but the air is beckoning the arrival of fall. When that wonderful chill fill your lungs and the scent of autumn fills your home...how can you resist?
Homemade pumpkin pie is the best way I know to fully embrace all that is coming. (I have a really great crust recipe if anyone is so inspired & needs it). We're trying to resist this scrumptious delight tonight & save it for Belle's birthday tomorrow, but as you can see, Aron has already been breaking off pieces of the crust & munching.
I'm wondering what you love about this season?
ejk

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Fall is my most favorite time of the year. I could go on & on about what I love: the temperature, picking apples, full moons, but my most favoritest thing is walking through crunchy fallen leaves. God's amazing color show leaves (ha!) me breathless.

beckyjomama said...

The color change - coming from AZ where that does NOT happen, it is glorious!!!

PLUS, I love watching Hattie loving sliding down into a pile of leaves and loving it!!!

Shannon said...

Too funny! We went to Plainwell Ice Cream this evening (seems like hundred's of flavors and all homemade!) and I told Andy and the girls "you know it's fall when they have the Pumpkin ice cream made". :O)
I do love fall despite that it brings us winter! I like wearing clothes that hide a mulitude of sins, I like going to the apple orchard and picking apples and eating donuts with cider and I love the colors. I must have hundreds of fall photos!
Enjoy your pie it looks scrumptious!
Love, Shannon

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I want the recipe! I love everything about fall...being comfortable in jeans, a tee and sandals, wearing a sweater or light jacket at night, getting the kids down to bed earlier (because it is darker outside), the smell in the air, leaving our windows open, the leaves changing color, looking forward to the holidays approaching, the cider mills, hay rides, apple picking, pumpkin ANYthing to eat or drink, my firstborn was born in the fall...i always think of it as a time of many blessings.