Tuesday, October 21, 2008

call me old fashioned....

but where I come from, this is called pumpkin price gouging. I guess its economics 101...supply & demand (and we don't exactly live in the middle of pumpkin patch land anymore), but $8.00 for one pumpkin big enough to carve??? Luckily Meijer is closing their surplus out, so I only paid $4.00, but even that hurt.And in other fall fun news, nothing like a little corn maze to make a Saturday afternoon bright.Or racing to see who can devour donuts on a string the quickest...you know Aron had that one in the bag!
And last but not least, a little tea party hosted by Princess Belle for Princess barbie and baby princess.
The table you are viewing is tangible evidence of my love of Craigslist. A pottery barn kids table for $10.00. I've been watching Craigslist like a hawk for months. And I found it! I purchased the chairs brand new, but you can't beat this deal with a stick...as my husband would say.
ejk

5 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Yes, pumpkin prices are out of control. We bought a few for prices that I am ashamed to admit that we paid. We stopped at a roadside stand thinking the prices would be as humble as the dwelling in front of which the pumpkins sat ... we were wrong. Apparantly Farmer Brown is expecting US to buy that new home that Ma Brown is a-wantin'!

And, suckers that we are, we could not find it within ourselves to politely ask if they were on crack, turn and march to our car and kick up dust as we sped away... so we paid it. (This was also an over the top effort to avoid a Hattie powered hissie fit.)

Oh, and the pic of Belle's tea party ... DIVINE!!!

Kelli said...

LOL- Pumpkin Price Gouging!

Love the table! Great find! Belle will enjoy it so much- I look forward to many more tea party pictures with the divine miss Belle!

Hannah said...

Those pictures are so cute! My mom handed the phone to Belle today and she talked to me for about ten minutes. My mom said she was holding it while shutting all of the doors in the house. She also sang me "Once upon a dream" and said I love you Hannah. Haha she is so cute.

Amber said...

Pumpkins are way too much! I paid $4 for a tiny one and the decent sized ones are $8 here too. I like Belle's pic with the pumpkins. She's so cute.

Unknown said...

Darling table! What a great deal. I love craigslist too...It was worth the wait, huh? Still would love to go flea market/antique shopping with you sometime! I think we'd have fun. I love an old find that becomes a new treasure to me!