Thursday, October 23, 2008

the dishonesty is disgusting

Give me a minute to let this out, and I will be done. I grow more and more aghast at the audacity of the main stream media & news organizations as the days go by. It is not that I disagree with them regarding their ideas that makes me angry...because I do disagree. But it is the fact that they perpetually misconstrue and misrepresent the facts so as to forward their agenda. For a news agency, this is despicable.

I could write a lengthy post about examples, but I'll just give you one to watch. I can't embed the video, so I'll give you the link: Be sure to watch the October 22 Talking Points about CNN's Drew Griffin's interview with Palin and his extremely dishonest representation of a quote of Byron York.
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html

Now, I don't always agree with O'Reilly. But on this one, he's right. Yet you'll never hear about it unless you happen to catch a piece of honest, agenda-free reporting...and you won't hear that watching CNN or ABC (to name only a few of the guilty).

I'll close with this. Its okay for you and I to disagree politically. Its okay for us to disagree about social issues. It is never ever okay for dishonesty to be utilized as a means to an end. And if it is used, you have to question the integrity of the people who are feeding you your information. And what their true motives are.
okay, rant over.
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

You said it!!!

Unknown said...

I am fed up with the twisting of truth as well. When smoothly spoken, it is so easy for the common ear to miss...gotta lift those blinders.