Thursday, October 9, 2008

from the heart this morning

I sure miss my man, but God has been loving on me and speaking to me in the midst of the quietness. He has spoken peace over my fears, and truth to my unceasing questions. In my day to day, I am constantly asking the Father questions, "What did you mean by that?", "What do you think of this?", "How should I handle this?", "Do you want me to speak up or stay quiet?"...ect. God promises us if we lack wisdom, we should ask Him because he gives generously to all without finding fault (in James).

So like a young child...I ask, ask, ask. I have to giggle and wonder if God ever rolls his big ole' eyes (hypothetically, of course) and exasperated says, "Because I said so, Erica. Because I said so...geez. That was enough for life to come into existence and storms to obey...but you, my child, you seem to require a bit more explanation!"

I spoke with Aron last night, and already God is moving in his heart. "Stirring" him, as he put it. Aron & I have been searching how we can best live out of our "sweet spot", if you will. That is, living life in such a way that we are most able to utilize the specific gifts God has invested in us. I believe God is already using this week to speak to Aron specific ways to accomplisth this.

So if you have a moment, pray for him. Pray that God would grant him discernment to hear his voice and the specific ways God is calling him at this season in our life. Pray for him as he courageously leads our family...and for me as I learn to follow his lead. Pray that I might know how to call out his strengths and encourage him and help him in his weaknesses.
Thanks so much for your love, everyone. We are undeserving, but ever grateful.
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

It is both exciting and a tad bit scary when God starts moving and leading us in a new direction. But, oh, the joy of following cannot be beat!

Give Aron our love when ya talk to him. And always know YOU are loved too!

XOXOXOXOX

Unknown said...

Your words are wise and eloquent...reflective of beautiful you! I'll keep you in my prayers.

P.S. If you are in need of some free entertainment tonight, it is Darcy's school's Homecoming. There will be a little parade around 4pm that I am taking the kids too; the game starts at 7pm. Feel free to call and come! (586)992-8633

Love,
Amanda