Monday, August 24, 2009

At peace and waiting

Well, d-day has come and gone and still no baby. But I am very thankful for the extra time I've had at home to savor my husband and daughter and finish up a few projects. For the last few weeks we have been praying for God's perfect timing in the arrival of our son. I am confident He knows just what He is doing...although it would be nice to be let in on his plan as the anticipation is really killing us!

Aron & I are usually in conversation several times throughout the day . Today around lunch we were discussing our afternoon plans...which included a trip to JoAnn Fabric for us both. He needed to pick up felt for a drum cage he's building at work, and I needed supplies for Belle's birthday fairy princess dress. Since Starbucks is right next door, we decided coordinating our trips and a moment shared together over a cup of coffee was a must! Aron shared how awesome it was to have me home and not working...and I agreed. Nothing better than a mid-day coffee with your loves.

I feel so incredibly blessed at the close of this day. A pregnancy completed (there something in me that feels like "I did it!" now that my due date has come and gone). There was a time around the end of the 2nd trimester that I wondered if I could really carry this baby to term because I started contracting so early. But God has truly seen us through and protected this little one from the craziness of life outside the womb.

And now tonight, this is the view from my blogging chair (soon to be nursing chair):
I sit listening to the acoustic folk originals of this amazing man I have the privilege of calling 'husband', and there is nowhere else in the world I'd rather be. He is such a good man, and so good to Belle and I. God has sheltered us and loved on us in ways we cannot even explain.

And as I said earlier, the last few days at home have allowed me to prepare for Belle's upcoming FairyPrincess enchanted birthday party. She really LOVES the color blue, and when I asked about what kind of Fairy Dress she'd like to wear, she just wanted a blue one. I've had trouble finding one in her size, so we had to get creative...
This princess dress (which she has worn so faithfully, the beautiful white tulle was really beginning to look oh so shabby - and not in a chic way).


Became this FairyPrincess dress:
With the help of some fabric dye, new tulle, and some embellishments.


Now, I am by no means a seamstress...just resourceful. Infact, I wouldn't let someone who really knows how to sew come within 10 feet of it for fear they'd break into tears over the poor craftsmanship. But its together, and it will certainly make a little girl very happy for her birthday.
Well, Aron has packed up his guitar, and declared it is time for bed. I am right behind him.
much love
ejk

4 comments:

beckyjomama said...

That dress is DELISCIOUS!!! I love it! Guess I better start thinkin about what two OTHER little fairies will be wearing ...

mom kirk said...

its beautiful erica and in sure isabelle just looooooves it.

Amber said...

gorgeous dress---i want one!

Kelli said...

It is so pretty! Sorry none of Kaylee's fit Belle, but that is so pretty and all her own!! :)