Thursday, August 6, 2009

false alarm

I couldn't sleep Tuesday night...not a wink. Then at 2 am I started having contractions. After about an hour, they were pretty regular...about 3-5 min apart and very uncomfortable. On top of this, I thought my water might be leaking...I won't go into the details.

When I went into labor with Belle...she came so quickly; so we wanted to give our family plenty of warning. Aron's mom left Ripley about 4:30...and my parents left vacation in Florida about 7.

I went ahead and got an appointment with the doctor to see if indeed my water did break (they don't believe it did). But at about 2:00 Wednesday the contractions slowed and finally stopped.

Oops. We at least got a nice little visit with Grandma out of the ordeal!
And an ultrasound as well....
He is measuring about 6lbs 2 oz...thank you God!
And I am measuring 36 1/2 cm @ 37 weeks...wohoooo!

I also just opened all of my birthday cards, and they were all so beautiful and perfect. Thank you everyone who loved on me in this way; it means more than you know.
Here's a random shot of Belle helping momma bake cookies.
And another of Belle soaking in her Grandma Jackie...serving her pizza and tea.
ejk

3 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I am glad it was a false alarm ... but not really. I cannot WAIT for baby boy to get here!!!

Unknown said...

Anytime now girl! Great news about the measurements! He will be here before you know it. Keep us posted. We are all anxious and excited for you too :)

Kimberly Kirk said...

Isabelle looks so old!! I love her little bangs :) We can't wait to meet that little boy. xoxo