Sunday, August 23, 2009

my 'pregnant' husband

***disclaimer...the story and photo below is posted with the expressed permission of the party involved***
I am not kidding you, the last few days Aron has been completely having 'sympathy' issues, i guess you could call them. You know this stuff really happens...when husbands start to have all the symptoms their wives have during pregnancy.

I
 took this picture a few months ago when he and Belle were mocking mommy, but now who's laughing?!?! (he he)

Anyway, so Aron has been totally exhausted this weekend, and even though he sleeps he just cannot conquer this fatigue. He has been telling me about it all day. He naps after church, but the nap doesn't ease the tiredness. Then later in the afternoon his lower back is just killing him and feels that he may need a hot bath and a massage. By 6:00 its dinnertime and I offer 3-4 choices of what I can cook. He says to me, "I am just craving Chinese so bad, I don't think anything else will do." I offer a few alternatives, but he can't quit thinking about Chinese. Then he looks at me as serious as can be and says, "Hun, you're only pregnant a few times in your life. You've got to enjoy these things while you can."  To which I reply, "I agree, but I'm the pregnant one, and I'm not craving Chinese!" 
We went anyway, cause the boy was needing some Chinese. As we made our way up and down the aisles of the buffet, he kept exclaiming how he was so glad he had thought of this idea to eat Chinese, and how awesome the food was tasting. 
On the way home he was pretty insistent on getting Erma's, but I told him I would explode if we even went near there...the rice must have expanded in my tummy and there was NO ROOM for anything else (that's real pregnancy for ya!) "Besides," I reminded him, "You had to have not one but 2 cartons of Chocolate Moose Tracks at the grocery yesterday...there's plenty of that at home!"

Oh, and here's the kicker. (All of you women who have birthed children will probably come after aron with a club after you read this, but please resist...I do love him very much! Just roll your eyes and chalk it up to "Men...they'll never understand!".)  So we are almost home from our Chinese run, and he says to me as innocently as can be, "Oh man, I really need to go number 2. There's so much pressure down there and my back is killing me. That must be what labor is like...you think so hun?" Right, exactly like that. 

So all of that to say...I hope all of these sympathy pains mean the baby is almost here!! There just isn't room for 2 pregnant people in this household!
ejk
ps...on a positive note...my husband did volunteer to spend the rest of the afternoon with me (after his nap) shopping for all the supplies I needed for Belle's birthday. This is definately a torture task for a man, but he did it anyway so we could spend it together. He chased Belle through aisle after aisle of the Flower Factory, and didn't complain once. This is how I know he loves me!

4 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I have never birthed a baby, but I still wanna club him! Guess that's MY pregnancy sympathy talkin!!!

BBK!!!!! COME ON OUT ALREADY!

Unknown said...

that is so cute and very hilarious! we are experiencing a little "preggo daddy" over here too...but in a different way. over the past couple of days i have been teasing darcy and telling him that HE is NESTING! he's so excited for baby and has been on a rampage, getting swing ready, batteries, charging the monitors, cameras, etc...packing his hospital bag (and doing it all at weird hours and with such urgent enthusiasm!) it's cute.

and last night, nothing sounded good for him to eat (kinda like indecisive me)...so he joined me on the couch at 9pm for a bowl of cereal!

mom kirk said...

Erica,like i said he just can't help it. It's in his genes. I do love the part about sympathy pains though.maybe he'll have the real ones and you can get some relief. i had a great uncle who did. I don't want to clubhim. at least he is having some of you're back aches and crvings for ya. so how have you been feelin? better?LOL. On a more serious note,trust in the Lord and relax Aron,and he will give you rest and a new son.

Anonymous said...

i would REALLY love to comment, but i think in my current condition, it's best i don't. i just had to get it out there. i do have an opinion. i think that's all i can say. i keep typing and then deleting. hope aron snaps out of what ails him soon. you are going to need a coach/partner in the very near future. love you!
kde
by the way...when are you going to have belle's b-day party. i want to make sure she has her gift from us at her party. i know her b-day is on a sat. b/c that's baby isaiah's due date! let me know!