Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fully dilated and ready to go!

After visiting the Schreiber's Wednesday evening, we went to Erma's for some ice cream. Erica started having a few light contractions while we were there. We went home and as we got ready for bed, Erica started having more intense contractions about 8 minutes apart. She told me, "I think I'm having this baby." I told her if she's going into labor, then I needed to get some sleep. She did not like that. But, we got a few hours and at 1 AM she woke me up. She was having Intense contractions and she knew it was time to go.

I called Bernadette about 1:30AM and she was at our place to be with Belle by 2AM. We were at the hospital by 2:30AM and Erica was 5 cm dilated. By 3:30 she was 8 cm and got an epidural. So now it's 5 AM and she's completely dilated and they're getting ready to break her water. That's all for now and we'll keep you updated!
APK

2 comments:

Amber said...

I hope he's here by now! You still look ridiculously beautiful at 8 centimeters!

beckyjomama said...

Thank you for letting me be there ... you will never ever know!

Love you all!