Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the baby dance

Due date: August 24
Today's Date August 19

We are ready & waiting for you...
We weren't sure where or how we could squeeze a baby in our current condo, but we found the space. You are already in our hearts...just had to make a little room for you in our bedroom.

I couldn't find any crib bedding that did anything for me. So baby's bed turned into a hodge podge of fabrics and designs from all over, but I am so happy how it turned out. I found the plush Pottery Barn bumper pad brand-new on ebay for a fraction of its current cost, and a few weeks ago I grabbed a Carter's sheet that went just perfect with it here locally. I have been looking for months for the blue cable knit blanket, and finally snagged one on ebay as well. They were limited edition Amy Coe in Target stores when Belle was born. We had a pink one for her, and I absolutely LOVED it. It took me forever to find one within our price-range (people really cranked up the price on ebay...and they are all used!), but alas we did.
The changing pad is so soft, and the quilt is handmade by Great Grandma Kirk...and it couldn't be more perfect!

We cannot wait to peek over the rails and see you sleeping sweetly.
The handstitching is my absolute favorite part of this crazy quilt. We purchased fabric for Grandma to use in the quilt, and then she added some of her own - which was perfect because we wanted it to have her unique signature. This quilt will be cherished forever.
So we are 39 weeks and waiting...
This is us just before our anniversary date Saturday. If we make it to another Saturday, we're going out again, because it will certainly be awhile before we get time alone again!

Little one, Belle and Daddy are so excited to meet you they can hardly stand it. Mommy is excited too, but I feel as if I already know you...we spend every moment together. Daddy & Belle are itching to get the opportunity to cut in on our pow-wow! Here is a video of them doing 'the baby dance' ...kinda like the 'rain dance' the Indians would do...hoping it will expedite your arrival!
waiting anxiously...
ejk
ps...i thought this was so sweet...
sleeping beauty, indeed, ...fell asleep right in the middle of the floor today.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

We can't wait to meet baby Kirk! The time is almost here! Aron's baby dance was cracking me up!

beckyjomama said...

I am SHOCKED that Aron's baby dance didn't do the trick. I woulda thought you would laugh yourself into labor!!!

Kimberly Kirk said...

I am so excited for our baby's to meet each other in December!! :) Josh and I can't wait to see you four in September. We miss you. We love you! Every day I anxiously await to hear if you are in labor. The baby crib looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the crib bedding/nursery choices you made. The quilt is just incredible (even moreso in person too...I agree, i love the stitching on it. And the sheets are awesome...Is the velour dotted fabric the changing pad cover?) I tend to like hodge podge creations better than "themed" ones anyway. Very authentic, creative, soft and it has your signature all over it!

I was cracking up at the baby dance video. Belle certainly knows how to ham it up. I especially loved how she duplicated not only daddy's moves, but his facial expressions too. Hilarious!

Can't wait for this little loved one to arrive. You are looking gorgeous as ever!

mom kirk said...

ok ,so we're 4-5 days out from the baby dance soooo .....maybe take a little advice from K.C. and the sonshine band. It got me to michigan a few weeks ago......LOL love you guys . I couldnt resist.sorry

Woollard House said...

Aron you plowed Belle. lol. poor girl. I think everyone needs to sit down away from daddy when he does the "baby dance" lol