Monday, August 31, 2009

Adversity and Bili levels

We are just home from the doctor. The pediatrician said Judah's Bilirubin levels remained the same today! He looked pretty golden to me under the florescent light when they were drawing his blood, and I was starting to get nervous. 

We had to go straight from the hospital to the doctor's office to discuss the results. I felt a weight of uncertainty and worry wondering if we'd be readmitted. I could feel my spirit say, "If we just get through this, then all will be okay."

Then I remembered a few months prior when we had all the VCUG/diabetes scares with Belle. At that time I was 6 months pregnant, and during the midst of that uncertainty, I remember saying the exact thing to myself. 

In that moment I came to the realization that there is always adversity awaiting around the corner. You will never fully escape its grasp. With every season brings new challenges, new difficulties, new uncertainties. All we can do is lean into our Father and walk with him through our circumstances.

My prayer today has been that Jesus would be my sustainer, my breath, my strength. That no matter the adversity, my trust is in Him.
peace and blessings for today - in uncertainty, joy, comfort or fear
ejk

2 comments:

beckyjomama said...

That sweet boy already looks bigger! So if the levels are the same it means they are done going up? Will they now start coming down? Praying that it is so!

Love you!

Unknown said...

he certainly is beautiful. this will all be behind you soon. he looks like one healthy boy to me! love and prayers!